NatureColor Base Coat - Exterior Stain - 5 Gallons
NatureColor® BASE COAT Exterior
- Translucent – Ensures optimum visibility of the wood grain, enhances and highlights the natural beauty of the wood
- Micro-Porous – Allows moisture in the wood to escape
- UV Protection – Screens the wood from sunlight deterioration through use of UV absorbers and iron oxide pigments
- Water Repellent – Protects against damage from moisture intrusion
- Fungi Resistant – Impedes the growth of wood disfiguring and decaying microorganisms
- Flexible – Allows for expansion and contraction of the wood
- Low Odor – Applicator friendly through the use of low-odor solvents
Base coat and Recoater are used together in a three coat translucent wood protection system which bears the brunt of the elements instead of the surface cell structure of the wood. An added bonus of this protection system is the rich satin stain that enhances the beauty of your wood.
Suitable for solid log & timber frame, wood siding and trim, entry and garage doors.
Applied initially as a three coat prime and finish system on vertical surfaces. Typically two coats Base Coat followed by one coat of Recoater.
The system is maintained with a single coat application of Recoater as required. This generally occurs every two to four years on varying parts of the structure depending on its directional orientation and exposure to the elements. Being timely in the application of a maintenance coat keeps your home looking new and avoids costly restoration steps.
NatureColor® Base Coat and Recoater is an alkyd oil wood protection technology originating in Europe and now well proven over three decades of continuous use in the United States and Canada. Applied by brush or sprayed and back brushed in a three coat vertical system, it penetrates and bonds itself to wood surfaces in a protective translucent weathering shield that has a depth of brilliance that can easily be maintained.
- It sheds running water minimizing surface wetting cycles that crack and deform wood.
- The elasticity of NatureColor® allows it to remain secure to the wood while moving with it as it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and temperature.
- Its microporous “breathability” allows water vapor present in all wood to harmlessly pass through it
- Its blend of synthetic transparent iron oxides and ultraviolet absorbers imparts beautiful grain definition and depth of appearance to the wood while neutralizing most of the damaging and color fading effects of sunlight.
- Its fungicidal component impedes the growth of disfiguring and wood degrading micro-organisms.
- Easy application due to its long open work time.
- The high quality sheen of the NatureColor prime and finish protective system for siding, log homes, garage doors can be easily maintained by a single coat reapplication of Recoater.
- The UV components allow the Base Coat to be used for decks, spindles, and railings as well as the first part of the vertical system. No special deck product to buy.
- The odor is much milder and less irritating than other alkyd oil brands.
- NatureColor® is definitely an excellent dollar value.